Saving on an attorney can become very expensive at times. Losing a case that was totally on your side is not totally unheard of and going through all the civil litigation processes may seem to be a good idea but there are strong reasons why it is not.
A Civil litigation attorney helps you with the process of filing and pursuing a civil litigation. An attorney will guide you what case should be put on and if the matter needs to be settled outside the courtroom. There is some good Rockland Country civil litigation attorney here in the city that you can approach your legal matter with.
A civil litigation is a legal process wherein there exists no criminal charges on either party. Here are some reasons why you should go for hiring an attorney:
- Complication in understanding of the law: You can have basic knowledge of the law and the procedures, but at some point of time, you need expert advice. An experienced attorney will have the knowledge and the understandings and the ramifications of the law and the decisions taken by the court before.
- Be practical: In the courtroom, the power to pursue matters a lot. While your opponent has an experienced lawyer, it becomes easy for him to raise new arguments that you are not aware of if he knows that you are inexperienced. In comparison, with criminal litigation, the burden of proof is lower in a civil litigation and hence, if you have less evidence and appear less convincing, you may lose the case sooner than you think
- Might become Expensive: Losing is generally more expensive than hiring an experienced attorney. Navigating the civil justice system is complicated. A small claims matter does not require legal counsel. But bringing an action in New York Supreme Court “pro se” is putting yourself at a disadvantage from the start.
- Protect your future: There are many risks associated with business operations. Having a lawsuit filed against your business would be common as your company grows. These cases would rise in number as it takes time and the cases are not disposed of quickly by the courts. Your attorney can protect your firm from the upcoming legal issues. Also, it is worth considering that your business prospects are associated with winning of lawsuits, and you losing a case might spoil that. No one wants to do business with a company that has lost lawsuits.
- Procedures and appearance: If you have an attorney, he will appear on your behalf, this will save you from appearing so many times on for a case where the opponent has not appeared. Non-appearance can have a negative impact on your case too. Going through correct procedures and filling forms on time is also very important which can be taken care of by the attorney very well. Any delay can result in your case being discarded!
- Professionalism: It is useful to have an attorney handle the case. It is important to handle the case professionally and not get personally involved.
Having a civil litigation attorney can prove to be a very good decision.