India is rich in cultural heritage. And this richness reflects in almost everything, starting from the lifestyle observed by its people as well as the vocations they pursue. Owing to sheer talent, hard work and creativity, this has never been a hassle for the people of this country to excel in these culture-influenced vocations. One such vocation that we discuss here is pottery.
Out of all the potteries known to India, Khurja pottery deserves a special mention because of the mass appeal it enjoys. Khurja pottery that originated in Uttar Pradesh, has now its fan base scattered all over the country. And it, sure, is on its way to win the hearts of pottery lovers from across the globe. Besides being an amazing art, Khurja pottery makes for a perfect gift item. However, if you aren’t sure whether or not to invest on them, here you find all the reasons that help you be decisive–
- You get unique products – Think about it – you bring home a beautiful set of pottery; you love it and can’t have enough of it. The next day, you go to a friend’s place and spot there the exact same set of pottery. Does it make you feel good? Absolutely not! Things like that happen because factory-made products are often run-of-the-mill. But handicraft products are pretty unique and you are less likely to come across their replicas.
- You get products having an individual charm – Mass produced items have no personality and let’s face it- you have them, she has them and twenty other people in your neighbourhood have them. And that never feels great. But handicraft products have their own personality as they are not mass produced and you can make them reflect your own style statement.
- They are special!– Handicraft products are actually made with extreme care and the artists create them with a lot of passion. Hence, they are special. By buying them, you not just support these artists financially, but also appreciate their talent. And that is one of the best things you do when you buy these items.
- They last long; like really long – The handmade products last really, really long. They are made of good quality materials and are given shape by trained and expert hands. That is the reason why they last longer than mass produced items.
- You extend your support to art and traditional crafts – When you buy handicraft items, you actually extend your support to art and crafts. These art and crafts have passed on from generation to generation. Besides, you support the economy of the nation by helping self-employed artisans trying their best to carve a niche for themselves. You are also supporting small businesses trying to grow their market. You can buy handicrafts such as khurja pottery and Jaipur pottery online for a convenient shopping experience.
Now, you know why buying handmade products is better than spending on mass produced goods. So, the next time you see a hand-woven scarf, a handmade item of decor or simply a piece of jewellery, don’t be skeptical to shell out some cash. We know you won’t say no to them!