Iced coffee is cold coffee which has been chilled by ice. It is usually prepared at a higher concentration than hot coffee, because of the dilution that occurs from the melting ice.
Iced coffee may generally be prepared in two basic ways: the coffee may be prepared hot, and then poured over ice to cool. The other method involves brewing the ice cold from the beginning. Iced coffee is a popular beverage in some Asian nations. You can brew ice coffee with different types of machines. Like single cup coffee maker, espresso maker. I like espresso coffee maker to make iced coffee. I researched online and found that Get a Coffee Maker has Compiled a List of top 10 espresso machines. That list closely meet my demand.
What are some Advantages of Iced Coffee?
Iced coffee has a few advantages over hot coffee. Some of them include the following
- Iced coffee is sweeter than hot coffee: the taste of hot coffee is partly due to acidic oils which are released when the coffee is subjected to higher temperatures. Iced coffee is subjected to less heat than ordinary coffee; therefore it has a sweeter taste.
- Iced coffee has a refreshing effect when used in hot weather.
- Subjection to heat reduces the health effects of coffee; therefore, iced coffee is more beneficial to health than ordinary coffee.
Iced coffee is more popular in Asian countries than in the west. In the United States, only 24% of Americans drink iced coffee, while up to 80% drink hot coffee. However, the popularity of iced coffee is rising, especially among youths.
Different national variations of iced coffee
Australian iced coffee is prepared with ice cream. Other ingredients include: cocoa powder and sweet syrups.
In chile, iced coffee is popularly termed café helado, and it is prepared together with Chantilly cream, vanilla, sugar, and other ingredients.
In Greece and italy, a variant of iced coffee known as frappe is very popular.
Iced coffee is also popular and widely consumed in japan, the phillipines, Thailand, india and Saudi Arabia.
Hamilton beach coffee maker
Hamilton beach an American manufacturing company currently markets its iced coffee maker the brewstation coffee maker. The Hamilton beach brewstation coffee maker has the following features:
- A detachable water reservoir, which makes it easy to remove the reservoir, and fill it at a sink or water faucet.
- It can brew many different cups of coffee, and dispense one at a time.
- The Hamilton beach brew station coffee maker can brew both hot coffee and iced coffee.
- The coffee brewer comes with a dedicated iced coffee button.
- It dispenses up to 12 cups of coffee.
- It has a programmable timer which can be used to set timings.
- There are many different brewing options.
Making iced coffee with the Hamilton beach brew station coffee maker.
The following process is used in making iced coffee with the coffee maker
- Fill the reservoir to the 6 cup line of the coffee maker
- Add ice to the 10 cup line of the coffee maker
- Brew the coffee at a double strength.
- Dispense and serve as desired.
Some recipes of iced coffee with the Hamilton beach coffee maker
Caramel mocha iced coffee: this is prepared with milk, caramel, chocolate syrup, ice cubes and ground coffee. The caramel, chocolate syrup and milk are mixed together in the pitcher of the coffee maker, and ice is added. The brew basket with the filter are added into the pitcher, and coffee is poured in. the water reservoir is filled with water, and placed over the brew basket. Then the coffee maker is turned on. After brewing, the iced coffee mixture is stirred then served.
Other recipes of iced coffee include
- Creamy raspberry iced coffee
- Cinnamond mocha iced coffee
- Orange caramel iced coffee.
If you want to buy a coffee maker for making iced coffee, you can visit this site.