Having a portable air conditioner at home is a different kind of convenience all together. You can move it to any place you want according to your comfort and have the cool air falling all over you while you study, sleep, or watch TV. However, to have the best from a portable LG air conditioner, you need to take care of it in the best manner so that it takes care of you and your family for many more years to come. There is hardly any need for LG Appliance Repair if you maintain.
Before you attempt any kind of maintenance for your LG air conditioner apart from its ‘Auto Clean’ mode, you must make sure that the power of your AC unit is off. You must unplug the AC unit from your electrical receptacle.
How to clean a portable LG air conditioner
You must clean the air conditioner once in two weeks. Considering the quality of air in your house or office, you may need more frequent cleaning of your appliance. If the air filter is dirty, it will reduce the airflow and decrease efficiency of the appliance.
- Clutch the grip from the middle of the filter, and then directly pull out your filter.
- Using the attachment of a vacuum cleaner, clean the AC filter. In case the filter is extremely soiled, you can wash it with warm water along with a mild detergent. You must not wash the filter with very strong cleaners or with hot water. In addition, do not wash the filter in the dishwasher.
- Let the filter dry completely.
- Now, insert the filter back into the AC and make sure that the base of the filter remains fitted between the stubs and coil guard. Set up the filter cover back and clip it firmly.
- If you cannot understand the parts of your portable ac, you can refer to the user manual that came with it.
A few models of portable LG air conditioner come with ‘Auto Clean’ mode that can eliminate moisture from the coils used for heat exchange. This feature prevents formation of odours and mildew. You can operate the Auto Clean mode only with the remote control.
- When your AC is running on heat, dry, energy saver, or cool mode, click the button named, ‘Auto Clean’ on your remote.
- You will see ‘Auto Clean’ written on the LCD display.
- Turn off the AC with the Power button. The Auto Clean mode will run the exhaust fans and circulation with compressor turned off for a while once the power is switched off.
Maintaining a portable AC
- Do not keep your air conditioner in a dirty room.
- The circuit of at least 120 VAC should be used to supply power to the AC.
- Clean the filters in time.
- Keep the exhaust hose of the AC straight.
- Keep the condenser coils free from dirt, grease, and grime.