Unfortunately, there are many mistakes that we could make when we are looking for proper insurance policies. Here are some of them:
- We don’t do enough online researches: We should worry about very fine details later and it is more important to get an idea of what kind of coverage we get for specific amount of premiums. There are many comparison websites that are especially useful to let us know that we are not dealing with “apples and apples”
- We don’t use popular comparison websites: There are many comparison websites to help us compare between insurance companies and their associated products. In fact, some comparison websites with more dubious reputation could try to obtain our contact details and sell them immediately to the higher bidders. We should be aware if our telephone number is given to unknown parties. If this is the case, we could find our phone ring incessantly for the next few days. Some of these insurance agents can be quite persistent and it would be a good idea to avoid them.
- We don’t look for specialist insurance providers: Not all insurance providers are giving us good values for the money. In reality, we could be dealing with insurers that we never heard previously. It means that we should check the right comparison websites, so we are able to accurately narrow down the search. In this case, we should be able to find the best provider in the market.
- We prioritize only policies with lowest premiums: The lowest premiums may provide the least amount of coverage. It means, we need to be more selective with what insurance policy we are planning to purchase. Some insurance policies can be quite reputable and trustworthy, but there’s a chance that we don’t meet the premiums charged. We should bear in mind that specific factors could increase the premiums, such as age for life insurance and car value for auto insurance.
- We don’t wait until our job is considered as stable: In general, we are not considered to have a stable employment if we work less than six months. The amount of premiums we need to pay can be particularly high if we have been unemployed for specific amount of time. We should avoid being considered as risky individual, because it could increase the premiums or even limits our coverage.
It should be noted that the insurance company may not provide us with instant coverage. Although they could accept our application initially, they will only provide coverage after they make checks. Often, these examinations are based on our conditions, such as annual income and medical problems. By making these mistakes, we could be charged twice higher each month and it is because we are unable to inform the insurer that we are not that risky. We should provide enough details, so these insurers will mostly accept our conditions.