Just like any other kind of scam, asphalt scams rob good people of their hard earned money each and every year. Regrettably, most people don’t find out about the many scams out there until it’s too late.
Asking Asphalt Contractors a Few Questions Before Hiring Will Help Ensure a Quality Job.
Selecting a quality contractor is vital should you wish to get a professional job well done, since shonky work can cause pooling water in the garage or around the home’s foundation. A substandard job will in most cases last about a year or if you are lucky, two, while a quality one will last up to 20 years. How many times have people shelled out to correct poor workmanship, than it would have cost to have the job done properly in the first place?
Do Your Homework before Hiring an Asphalt Contractor
- Getting recommendations from friends and family are always a good guarantee for a good outcome. This is in most circumstances always the best way to hire someone to do work on your house. But a word of caution. If using the company that they recommended, check out that the company hasn’t been sold recently and taken over by other people.
- Make sure the contractor possesses all the correct legal licensing and insurance paperwork for the work to be carried out.
- Check out any reviews on the company’s site or elsewhere. Also find out if they have any major clients at the present, or in the past. If it is possible, check their history and even go so far as to check out a company’s work in person, to evaluate the overall quality.
- Watch out for “secret” methods by asphalt contractors. You should really stay away from contractors who claim to employ some secret or cutting-edge methods. Every renowned contractor in Australia, has been doing it the same way 30 odd years, and it hasn’t changed in that time. For a professional asphalt service in Perth, make sure to use only the very best.
- Be on the alert of contractors who reckon to just happen to be in your area with leftover asphalt that they will offer to you at a discount. Proper asphalt paving is a not a small undertaking and requires expensive equipment, so if a price sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Does your contractor own all the required paving equipment to deliver top quality work? It is important to make use of the latest equipment available in the paving industry. Lack of the right equipment will result in bad quality work. Make it an important point to ensure that you are dealing with a company that is well equipped. http://www.protecasphalt.com.au are a first-class team of highly skilled professionals with years in the asphalt industry. They have the experience and the most up to date equipment to get the job done.
A top quality contractor will go over industry terms with you to make sure that you are fully informed and completely comfortable with the future project. If you do not feel at all comfortable asking questions and double-checking details with your contractor, you may want to trust your intuition and consider a different contractor. Hoping that these simple tips will help you choose the people who are just right for the job. G’day!