Mass communication is fast emerging as a major area of interest and has contributed significantly to the development and empowerment of society. It has rapidly gained importance as an academic discipline and has become a major attraction for students. One of the reasons behind this popularity of this discipline is the advancement in information technology which has led to the expansion of the mass media. This advancement has also created some challenges for the students, practitioners and teachers of mass media. The rapid evolution in technology is changing the facet of mass communication in a manner that is not observed in any other discipline. This is a factor that mass communication institutes in Delhi have to accept as an essential part of life.
Features of the Mass Communication Institutes
- Most of these institutes are founded by people who have had years of experience in the field.
- These institutes take it upon themselves to serve society by providing world class teaching, training and research. They thus prepare the students to be able to successfully face the challenges of the highly competitive world.
- The training programs of these institutes are tailored to meet the requirements of the developing countries like India.
- The mass communication institutes are endeavoring to start a number of specialized courses in order to meet the manpower requirements of the media and communication industry which is expanding at a rapid pace.
- The programs also have to be innovated in order to meet the challenges presented by the industry developments.
- The syllabi of these institutes are reviewed every year to incorporate changes and suitable modifications which makes them relevant to the industry today.
- Most of these institutes ensure that their students get practical exposure along with theoretical knowledge as they regularly take up projects from different organisations.
- Most of the institutes also arrange for campus placements where they invite different organisations to interview and hire their students.
Why you should Mass Communication as a Career
Of course there are the regular fields if you want to create a safe and successful career. However, for people who are go getters and thrive on challenges, there are few fields which are as suitable as mass communication. This field is also suitable for individuals who have a tendency to think out of the box and who are highly creative. At the same time, if you are the kind of person who can take consistent pressure and a lot of rejection and criticism, even then this field is just right for you.
Apart from these factors, the field of mass communication and advertising is very lucrative. Even the starting salaries offered by the advertising agencies and the other organisations are quite handsome. Then again mass communication is needed by almost every industry in today’s world, hence there will be no dearth for employment opportunities. There is also the option of freelancing or setting up your own mass communication firm. This is the reason that more and more youngsters are opting for mass communication as a career.